Too many people have made "vampire websites" where they decided to post their list of ethics/rules that they say all real vampires should follow. Some of them, along with the list have added their complaint about how someone stole it and placed it on their site as well. Sounds childish to me, do you really want someone that childish telling you how to behave?
One of these lists is called "the black veil", it consists of things like "never lick from a person only suck it or drink it", and it even has the cliché number of 13 things on the list. Which the last few on the list are so stupid that you can tell they were put there to fill up space to bring it to the number 13, even though they claim that it being 13 was unintentional. Not to mention it is a blatant rewrite of the "traditions" done by whitewolf for fictional vampire roleplayers use only.
This is my list I call it “the new code”, it is a combination of unspoken rules that have been in existence for a long time, as well as new ones that when followed will make coming out into the open much easier, and have much more natural feel. As for taking it and putting a copy on to other websites, take it and copy it all you want, just keep it worded the same way that you see it. And feel free to put it anywhere that a real vampire might see it, bathroom walls, message boards, websites, search engines, etc. The more places it goes, the more real vampires that will see it and the better off that we will all be. Same goes with the address for this site. However keep in mind, you are accountable for your own actions.
- When ever somebody directly asks you if you are a real vampire, always say “yes” in the same way and tone that they asked you. (if they jokingly ask you, then jokingly say “yes”. If they yell the question at you, then yell at them when you say “yes”. If they sound serious, then say “yes” in a serious tone, etc.) Because to deny what you are, is to deny who you are. And to deny who you are, is to deny that you exist, and to deny that you exist is to deny that any of us exist.
- You are responsible for the actions of those that you have turned into a real vampire. If they already have mental problems do not make them worse by changing them, causing their thoughts to become darker, i.e. if you turn an already aggressive person into a real vampire, and they go off attacking random people and killing the people that they were mad at, the same punishment will be done to you, that was done to the one that you made. Either by the real vampire society (not the fakes in the "vampire community") or the first slayer to find you. Because any real vampire, or person that claims to be a real vampire, that lashes out makes us all look bad. Generally the punishment results in death.
A real vampire is made by a simple exchange of blood between a real vampire, and a human. The vampire drinks first (this does not require a lot of blood) and anyone can be turned into a real vampire.
- Never turn someone into a real vampire for any of the following reasons: to prove that vampires are real; to prove to them that they weren't already a real vampire; in hopes to cure an illness of theirs; simply because they want to become one (always backfires); because they hate there life and think being a real vampire will magically fix it (backfires as well and can’t be reversed); or out of revenge.
- Only acquire blood with a donors permission, never by force or against a persons wishes.
- Do us all a favor and if you aren't a real vampire (i.e. one of those people that thinks they are one due to reincarnation, and goes way to heavy on the Goth dressing style,) don't declare yourself as a real vampire because people like you are the ones that make people think that real vampires are just a few marbles short of a full bag.
- When coming out in the open never insist on people believing you. If you are one after saying that you are a real vampire just be your normal self and they will realize it on their own time.
- If a fellow real vampire needs help, offer to help them even if they don’t ask for it. We all know that we tend to wait until it’s either almost too late, or way to late before asking for help, because of some natural instinctive cat like logic reasoning. So do each other the favor of not letting them wait that long.
If you want something to be considered for being added to it, send it to me at my contact information page. I will put it up to be voted either on or off the list.
Vampire Banner Exchange.